Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scarlett's Ballerina Bag


My good friend Lauren's little girl Scarlett is turning 5 today, and for her 5th birthday I wanted to do something special for her. She LOVES ballet, and being a girl after my own heart I knew just what she needed! I made her this little ballet bag to keep her shoes and whatever else in when she goes to class.

The back of the bag...
The front again....
Detail of the front.... the buttons on the front are a light pink crystal.... don't know if they show up that way. The tulle netting is also a light pink.


Her name embroidered on the inside above the pockets...
There are 2 pockets inside.... the inside of the bag is done in a coordinating fabric, and the pockets are edged in the same fabric as the outside of the bag.




The ribbon on the handbag handles are sewn into the bow so they won't come undone, and I added the coordinating button to cover the knot....

The handbag handles are a dark walnut wood, and there are magnetic snaps to hold the bag closed...

So it turned out pretty nice!!! And now I want to make one for Claire for when she starts ballet...

But first she has to be potty trained!!

I took this picture yesterday... potty time!!! (yes, she is sitting on a potty under that blanket!)
And who else is potty training??

Well... Dolly, Tucker, and a pirate skeleton of course :)

7 comments:

Katie & Travis Nemrow said...

I love the bag ... you are so creative... I want one for Bristol now :) Maybe you can show Christine how and then she can show me :)

Nana said...

that pic of Claire is so cute, and that bag is beautiful!

Christine Mains said...

The bag is gorgeous! Your amazing!
I cannot wait for you to get my little care package/late b-day/late baby gift for the kids soon.....

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

I'll bet that you could sell those little bags. I'm sure they're time consuming, but if you set up an Etsy online store, they would go like hot cakes.

Whitney R said...

Vicki! You should make them and sell them. Seriously. You search etsy - people make a ton.

The bag is beautiful. What a lucky girl!
Umm.. I'm planning on putting Naomi in dance classes.... ;)

The picture of Claire is super cute :)

haszontanácsadó said...

Dear Victoria,
I would like to write an e-mail to you, can you send me your email adress? I am from hungary. My email adress : 78lane at gmail dot com.
Thank you, Nelli

Moo said...

Super cute bag!