Monday, June 2, 2008

Busted

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't put any new pics up in awhile. Our computer is completely busted (the good one), and unfortunately it has all of our pictures on it, so hopefully we will be able to salvage what is on it. But in the mean time, hang tight and I will get some new pictures up asap! I have a bunch of new ones and a few videos to add as well. Jason is working like a madman trying to get his thesis done. It's crunch time and he is very stressed and we're all feeling his pain. So lately he works late into the night and I've been a one-man (er... woman) show, but we've been doing ok. I have to say that I have a huge amount of respect for single parents out there. You are amazing! Just to update everyone, Claire has reached several milestones in the last couple of months! She got her 2 first teeth on the front bottom, is crawling everywhere and exploring her newly attainable world, and pulls herself to stand to cruise along everything she can...the ottoman, the fridge, the stove, anything that is higher than her chest and gives her some leverage! This has resulted in quite a few bruises as she falls straight backwards onto our hardwood floors (hitting the same spot on her head! Poor thing.), as well as some bruises on her face from falling both forwards and sideways, and 2 bloody noses. But she's no sissy... the girl is tough and keeps coming back for more! Also, I now have to be extra vigilant with cleaning because she has developed quite the pincer grasp and is putting even microscopic things in her mouth as she explores her new world. Josh is getting good at separating Claire-friendly toys from choke hazards, which is good because he is suddenly a huge fan of board games and all the little pieces they encompass. Josh has begun to expand his repertoire of ONLY trains to cars, coloring books, and puzzles. He still plays with his trains, but not with the same zeal. I have to say that it's actually sad for me to see him leave this obsession behind. The weather has begun to get reliably nice and I might actually get up the nerve to put away the winter hats this week...yes, in June. But there's Michigan for you! I started my vegetable garden on memorial day and in less than a week I have sprouts for everything! Although a critter or some sort did nibble my tomatoes. I'm hoping they will survive. Anyways, I love you all and hope you're doing well. Keep checking for new pictures! I'll do my best to get them on here soon for everyone!

4 comments:

Brad said...

Good luck with the computer. Tricky things, computers...

I, too, just put away the winter hats last weekend. I never thought that was Memorial Day weekend job until we moved to Michigan, but it is!

I'll come play with you this week so you can have some adult interaction time!

Tara Ann said...

I miss you guys. I can't believe you just put away the winter hats. It is so hot here! Tell Jason good luck with his thesis.

Sara said...

Vicki!! It is so good to hear from you. This blogging thing has been such a fun way to stay in touch. You and your family look wonderful. I can't say I miss the snow/cold that seems to never end in MI, but I do miss my good friends...and ballet class! Do a couple of extra plie's for me (I'd much rather be in ballet shoes than running shoes - just haven't found anything as great as our class in AA). I look forward to many updates.
Lots of love,
Sara

Whitney R said...

Fix it! I want a new blog! :)