Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dance Recital

This year Joshua took a preschool movement dance class at the dance studio where I teach, so he was in a recital during the Mother's Day weekend.


We were nervous that he wouldn't even make it onto the stage, but in the end he did it! And it turned out it was a little harder to get him OFF the stage than on it! Anyways, there were 2 performances so we put both up on here, cause you just never know what you're going to get with 3 year olds! He is the one in fluorescent green.
Check out our little fishy...or sea turtle, in action!

The first is the saturday performance....



He keeps looking offstage because I was in the wings cheering him on.

And here is the 2nd performance...




Well.... he has some potential, right? ha ha
Pretty priceless though.




He was so cute and so proud of himself!
And we were so proud of him!

Claire came to the recital too and helped me backstage...she even wore her tutu!
Here are some pics we took when we got home.



And here are a couple of recital dances from the classes I taught and choreographed this year....
They were taped on an angle, so it's kinda hard to see the formations. The theme of the recital was "Planet Earth".


The first is my advanced tap class dancing to "Proud Mary" - they were supposed to be a river.


The second group dancing to "Heat Wave" is meant to be just that.... a heat wave.
Both classes did an awesome job :) It's great teaching these kids. I have watched them improve immensely throughout the year.

8 comments:

Annie said...

They are so cute! (as cute as my own little daughter and that's saying something!LOL) It must have been so much fun seeing them perform on the sidelines!

Whitney R said...

I'm so glad you've posted more! I love those videos! Josh is so funny, I'm glad you were able to save the videos and pictures. You did such a good job choreographing! The routines looked great. I was wondering why I didn't see you out dancin with them :)

Jenny said...

Vicki, your family is adorable! Also, Michigan looks like fun!
I miss ya!

Moo said...

Cute videos! I've had "Swim Like a Fish" in my head all days. By the way, the choreography was great on your dances. The dancers totally looked like a river.

Tara Ann said...

How fun! You finally did your big recital. And Josh performed too, he is so adorable. Claire is getting so big-is she crawling. We can't wait to see you guys!

Lena Gilbert said...

Cute pictures! I love Claire's tutoo. I'm glad your laptop is fixed and now we can see more pictures!

Heidi said...

What a great post - right up my ally. Love the video's and your choreography. By the way - I love the ward dance choreography too - it was so great and fun. We have to get together sometime - I have questions about the dance studio for my girls.

Christine Mains said...

So cute! Josh is an adorable little fish. I cannot wait till you get back to Michigan, I miss talking to you. I hope you are having a blast out West. Claire is almost one. We have to make a trip out to see you, or atleast Owen and I do soon.