Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween!!!!

Yay!! Halloween!!! :)
It was a great day...the weather was pretty nice so the kids were not cold while they were trick-or-treating throughout the neighborhood.


Claire wasn't so sure about this guy, but she had a ton of fun going door to door.
She even got the hang of saying "trick-or-treat", which was so adorable! Little did she know that all her hard work would go to her parents! Like stealing candy from a baby. So sad.
Well, at least she can eat a couple of lollipops :)

There were some cool houses this year! This one house had a giant inflatable headless horseman.

Josh lit up the night!!! Parents and kids passing by made lots of comments on Josh's costume. He told me at one point that he "felt frustrated" because they kept stopping him to look at his costume. Pretty funny.Claire knew just what to do!

After trick-or-treating we went to this neighborhood near our house where
there is a magician - the Great Bobini - who puts on a magic act every halloween in his front yard. He decks the whole place out like a giant haunted castle that you can actually go through, and has a stage and seating set up in his driveway for the show. It was amazing!

Joshua's little preschool friend Meredith lives down the street from the Great Bobini,
so we went to the show with her family.

This is Meredith.
I think Josh may be in love with her :)

They are so cute together....best friends.
Joshua is such a Mack daddy around her! His teachers even told me that he is very protective of her and will stand up to other kids if they are being mean to her at school. One day at preschool I heard him say what I think may be his first pickup line! He sat down on the rug beside Meredith and put his arm around her, then he very softly and gently started running his fingers through her hair and said "Your hair is SMOOTH and COLD.

Wanna feel mine?"

ha ha ha

I guess she's in love too, because her parents told me they were having dinner one day when Meredith said "I'm going to marry Joshua.", then her little sister spoke up and said
"Ya, and I'm going to marry Claire!"



Oh ya I also need to tell you about Josh's preschool halloween party! They got to go trick-or-treating at the mansion..... all the researchers told me that this is the highlight of their year!

They hiked down the path to the mansion...

and knocked on the door.

Then they got to explore the mansion and trick-or-treat in every room.
That was really cool for all the moms! Check out some of the pictures I got of the house while the kids were trick-or-treating!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Whitney R said...

Ummm... was that your front yard?

And were you the moon with stars hanging from your head?

Or Rainbow Brite, kind of?

Or did someone knock you out so you saw stars around your head?

My word verification is PUPERI. haha

Whitney R said...

AGAIN! Only a few pictures with no words.

I comment.

click back to your blog and then there are TONS MORE PICTURES AND WORDS!!!

Don't know what is going on!

Is Claire an astronaut? She is so cute walking up to the doors carrying her candy! I love it. And I also have to have me a baby by next Halloween so I have an excuse to TRICK OR TREAT!

That is so funny. Josh and his girlfriend. I'm so glad you wrote this down and documented it so he can go back and remember it.

I'm going to use that line on Jaren tonight. "Oh, your hair is so smooth and COLD!" "Wannna feel mine?" We'll see if he'll go for it and if it will get me to 2nd base. ;)

Victoria Gilbert said...

Nope none of those pics were my front yard, I WISH! I actually didn't get a pic of my front yard this halloween! Shame! I should go out and take one right now, but my pumpkins are looking pretty sad now....they're getting all wrinkly. Still, maybe I'll dress up my kids again and reenact halloween night just for you :)

PUPERI? haha

Oh ya and my blog wasn't done! For some reason it tends to post parts before I'm done typing and adding all my pics....go down...there is another posting that's new here too. Man you are on the ball with new posts coming up!

Victoria Gilbert said...

haha rainbow brite?? no no. I was the stars. REad the post before this one....even though I posted it after :) hehe but I was tricky and switched the time.
I was rainbow brite when I was 5 though! Wish I had a pic to show you... my parents have all the pics. It was a pretty cool costume.

Unknown said...

They have Halloween in Canada? Cool!

AMy said...

once again you are incredibly talented and Josh's costume is just a small bit of evidence towards that!