Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Danger Will Robinson!!


For months Josh has been saying he wanted to be a pirate for halloween, so that is what we were planning on, that is until we were at Target trying on the pirate hat....he refused to put it on and suddenly announced to me that he was not going to be a pirate for halloween. He was in fact going to be a robot! Hmm....so, with Halloween only a couple of days away, I had to get creative! Well, the cardboard box hasn't failed me yet, so that is exactly what I used to make Josh's robot costume. It was cheap (less than $20 for all the materials), and actually didn't take that long to make. About 4 hours.... 1 and 1/2 of that Josh was awake and "helping".

Since we also had this cute NASA astronaut suit for Claire to wear, we decided to make it a space family theme for our ward halloween party.


Jason is the Universe....seemed appropriate for a doctor of space science :)
The "orbital rings" are made of white yarn, and the planets are made out of felt. I safety pinned it all on so he could just take it off of his shirt after halloween.

So here is our family pic!
Josh ended up being a space robot with rockets on his back, Claire was the astronaut, Jason was the Universe, and I was the stars, or a galaxy. Take your pick. Just cardboard stars hanging from wire attached to a hairband.....quick, and easy!

We even won a prize at our ward halloween party for "most original family costume".

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Not to nitpick but the solar system is not the universe LOL!

Christine Mains said...

I love your costumes. I love how your ward does family themes and contests. Claire looks so cute in her fuzzy fur helmet. She is adorable. Josh looks like he couldn't be any prouder to where his amazing robot costume.

Jason said...

Yeah, it was the solar system. She knew what she was doing - she left Pluto off the costume and put a ring on Uranus.

Unknown said...

I love the robot costume. Great use of gauge indicators! What happened to all the candy?

Victoria Gilbert said...

oh ya, it was the solar system. My bad. Some wife of a space doctor I am! People at the party were saying "universe", so I guess that just stuck in my head when I was typing it out. Man maybe i'll have to change my post...

Victoria Gilbert said...

The candy is slowly being devoured by everyone but Claire....and devoured faster by mom and dad! :)

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Jason and Vicky, you may not realize this, but you are both over-achievers! (in a nice way).

I really look forward to reading your blogs. Your kids are so precious.

Anonymous said...

These pics are soo adorable! You are such a good mommy! I love your blog! The kids are just yummy...I loved the videos. I have to get you a pic of my rain boots...I did the same thing (pink paisley) They totally cheer me up on a rainy day...sometimes I wear them even when it's not raining b/c they make me smile!