Thursday, October 13, 2011

Claire bear turns 4!


Claire turned 4 in september, and we had a fun fairy party!

We were hoping and praying for an outdoor party and it had been raining for days!
I actually ended up setting up inside the morning of the party because it was pouring rain.
But about an hour before party time our prayers were answered!
The sky cleared up and we had beautiful weather!
We quickly put up a canopy and re-set the party outside.

Claire's friends came dressed in their best fairy gowns and wings, and we had a grand time!
I made these little fairies for each of the girls to take home.
The toadstool cake was supposed to be simple, just regular icing on top of a bundt cake,
but when I took it out of the pan the top fell apart!!
So.... I covered it in some fondant I had left over from the only other fancy cake I've made!
It was kind of serendipitous the way it turned out.

We set up the canopy just in case it should start to rain again, but we were lucky!

Josh was especially excited about the chocolate rocks we found.
We put them in these tiny nests on the table.
I also made fairy wands, which were pretzel rods dipped in pink chocolate and covered in sprinkles. I didn't really take a picture of those though.



One of our first games was to protect the floating wuzzles....
don't let them touch the ground!



After, the kids searched for fairy homes and collected "silver dewdrops" (hershey kisses).


We played lots of circle games.
I made felt toadstools for the kids to sit on, which helped to keep a little order among the chaos!

We played "fairy, fairy, troll" (duck, duck, goose) among other games.


The birthday fairy sat on a special toadstool!
She was the fairy queen for the day!



And here are all the fairies, and a couple of elves!


It's nice having a kid who can read all the birthday cards, while I take pictures!
Thanks Josh!


And of course, the fairies needed houses!!!
Josh, Claire and Wyatt had lots of fun helping to pick out jewels, little ladybugs, butterflies and birds, and other fun decorations to attach to the fairy houses.



And the cake.... pink, naturally!!!

Claire had a really nice birthday.
We went to Red Robin for dinner and they sang to her and brought her ice cream,
so she felt pretty special!
Claire was especially excited to get her own packages of gum, and to chew gum for the first time!

Happy birthday sweet Claire bear.... our big 4 year old girl!


5 comments:

Lena Gilbert said...

Vicki, you put my birthday parties to shame. Seriously, I am impressed. How long did it take you to make 15 fairies?

Ashley said...

Your table turned out so perfect--I'm coming to Claire's birthday next year!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're the winner.

Nana said...

that is so beautiful, I'm so impressed too! I want to be there for one of the kids birthday parties. But first I'll come after g kid #4 arrives. So excited!

Christine Mains said...

Gorgeous!!! The entire party is so beautiful, especially your darling kids. They are GORGEOUS!!!