Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOSHUA!!!
We spent Josh's 4th birthday up in Canada at my parents' house. Josh had a great day! My mom and I made an icecream cake... it was supossed to look like the fire from the rocket blasting off, but it looked pretty messed up because the icing kept sliding off! Josh was excited to play with his rocket. We made a scavenger hunt for him to find his gifts that day and we all decorated a gingerbread house together.
Joshua's favorite gift was GUM!!! We have been telling him since he was 2 years old that he could have gum when he was 4, so he has been waiting a long time for it and was very very excited :)
He had to show us his first piece!



I know, Josh's birthday was back in November, but just because his Mom is a slacker he shouldn't have to suffer..... so,

here is my tribute to my 4 year old boy! Wow I can't believe he's 4~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA BRAYDEN GILBERT!!!!!

Joshua is such a sweet, wonderful kid. He is smart as a whip and really keeps up on our toes! He is kinda a ham... loves to "perform" and act silly for people. Josh loves to socialize and has lots of friends at school and at church.
He sings songs all the time, especially when he thinks we're not listening... it's fun to hear him sing songs from the radio. His teacher tells me that he built a stage at school and made a pretend rock band! Josh loves to help his Dad shovel the snow and fix things around the house. He also loves to bake and cook with his mom! If I bake something without him he gets pretty upset that he missed out on cracking the egg.... I've never seen him drop a shell in the batter! He still really loves his trains, and even though he plays with several other things, he always comes back to his trains and includes them in his activities with the other toys.... like building train sheds out of legos.

He loves to draw and color, and has a little desk downstairs where he loves to do art. He worked really hard every day for several weeks coloring and writing names on wooden ornaments for his friends and teachers at school, all on his own motivation. He is such a sweet boy and he still loves to cuddle with me every night before he goes to sleep... he is a very sweet brother to Claire and really tries to look after her and protect her. He trieds REALLY hard to share his toys and be nice to her when she wrecks up his train tracks, and I know that's hard for him. He has a good heart.



We love you so much Joshua.... happy birthday sweetheart! :)



3 comments:

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Thanks for the beautiful blog on your amazing little boy. He is lucky to have such wonderful parents.

Whitney R said...

Yay! I loved this post. Josh is such a sweetheart. He's just getting more and more good looking every day! I loved the video :)

And I agree with Aunt Susan - wonderful parents!!

Anonymous said...

That was great fun to see and read! Thanks Vickie, I hope that one day in the far of future when I have grandkids their Mom's do that so that I know what is going on. *G*