Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Labor day (not mine!) and Josh's first day of preschool!

Well, tomorrow is my due date, so I figured I'd better hurry up and blog some of the exciting events that have happened in the last couple of weeks before the next exciting event happens!

Josh started his 2nd year of preschool and he is loving it!
Here are some pictures from his first day at school.



Last fall Jason and I started building this flagstone path in our front yard, but an early frost put our efforts on hold until the spring. Here is it, fall again, and we are still working on it. But we are almost done!!! Since I'm 9 months prego I'm pretty useless when it comes to construction and landscaping projects. Jason is hoping to get it all done before winter hits again!! We're so close, and it is beautiful! I'll post pics when it's done.

Here are a couple of pictures of the kids "helping" Jason with our front path...


They started out playing in the sand with their trucks and trains, and ended up building sand castles :)

These pictures were taken on Labor day, so we hadn't given Josh his back-to-school haircut yet.
His before and after hair styles are hard to miss!

I kinda miss his shaggy look though :)


My kids love to catch bugs.... Josh had caught a butterfly (I think it was really a moth...shhhhh) and was very excited!


Claire is always looking for a ladybug.
At night when the fireflies come out the kids will run out into the grass to try and catch one.

Claire will set out in search of ladybugs... yes, at night, in the dark.
The girl is determined.


Bless her heart, she really wants to catch one!!

3 comments:

Christine Mains said...

I love her outfit, she is gorgeous! Josh and the twins were blessed with great hair! I love the shag, and the short, it always looks perfect.

I love how you painted Josh's preschool sign. How did you make it look like leaves? You are so crafty: I love your people making craft too!

I cannot wait to see Wyatt, and to hear your labor story. I miss you so much. The kids and I are already talking about my wild road trip idea for the summer(June?) to Michigan when Thomas gets out of school. We'll keep you updated on our plans for sure. After Christmas we'll probably have it all mapped out.

Whitney R said...

I hear her little voice "a yady bug!" And wow! You sure took some inches off his hair! It really looks good. :)

Moo said...

You have such cute kids! I think Claire looks a lot like you and you look beautiful, even when you are 9 months pregnant!