Friday, August 28, 2009

A lover scorned!!!


Anyone remember me mentioning Josh's little friend from preschool, Meredith?

The little girl he says he is going to marry one day?
(the kid likes older women).

Well, apparently absence does make the heart grow fonder, because all summer long he has been writing her letters, drawing and coloring pictures for her, and has even sent some in the mail.

So I was pretty surprised when I saw his latest letter!!

I will translate for you....

"Dear Meredith,
I hope you
are having
a bad day
because I won't
do ..."

I'm not sure what he was going to say in the end.

But sometimes you just have to get something off your chest, ya know? haha

This is as far as he got, then I think he had a change of heart. Because I asked him why he didn't finish it, and he said he decided not to send it to her, and that he really means that he wants her to have a good day.

what a funny little man :)

So after having a fun playdate with Meredith the next week at the park, and then hanging out at the heritage festival with her family, Josh is back to writing her sweet letters again.

And since we're talking about letters, here's a good one for my garden:
It's true.
I have good intentions for my gardens.... I really do.
I work really really hard in the spring, and once everything is growing and looking good,
I get kinda neglectful... especially when I'm pregnant in the summer!
(I'm 3 for 3 here).

Oh well.
So the corn isn't as high as an elephant's eye.... it would be lucky to reach an elephant's knee!
And maybe I did let the remaining lettuce and spinach get old and go to seed....
And yes, I should have picked some of those cucumbers LONG ago... not to mention the weeds....
But....

there are green and yellow beans in my freezer, the pumpkins look promising,
and my kids have been eating tomatoes, peas, and cucumbers straight from the garden!

what more could you ask for???

We have had a pretty sweet harvest so far, even if it has been neglected!

5 comments:

Jason said...

Next year we're growing pineapple.

Nana said...

your tomatoes look really good, and the kids are so cute! You had a really good garden when I saw it. :)

granny said...

Great tomatoes!
Even better children.

Whitney R said...

I think it looks bountiful! And if being able to pick your own vegetables makes them funner to eat - I say it's worth doing it every year if your kid's eat them so much!

I tell ya, next year I have big plans. I'll make a spectacular garden!

Christine Mains said...

What a cute post. I love Josh's heart felt love or what sounded like a break up letter, and his gorgeous smile with his bike helmet on next to sweet little claire in her cute summer outfit and rain boots holding veggies. Oh how I miss you guys. Hopefully next summer the boys and I can come help you weed your garden while Brian is studying/taking the Barr.