Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope everyone had a happy Memorial Day! We had a lot of fun! We started out the day with pancakes for breakfast, then went to watch our little small town memorial day parade - there's not a whole lot to it, mostly tow trucks, high school marching bands, and firetrucks, but we love it! :) Traditionally the parade ends at the cemetery where there is a ceremony at the grave of an unknown soldier. People lay dedicatory wreaths on the grave, and there's a 21 gun salute as well as a WWII bomber flyover. Josh and Claire took their turns standing in front of the statue with their hands over their heart, and saluting. I love Claire's salute :) After, they were handing out free ice cream, and "The-Obama-free-hotdog-man" man gave us all hotdogs on their portable bbq truck/float that drives around the city on holidays campaigning. I love this town. Later on we went and picked up some more flagstone for the path in our front yard, and then we spent the rest of the afternoon working on the house and in the garden. We had a yummy BBQ dinner and roasted smores in our firepit for dessert. It was a fun day!


5 comments:

jenifer said...

your little ones are SO cute! and congrats on the 121 days to go... hope you're feeling great for the summer weather!!!

Christine Mains said...

What a fun Family Day! I love your town too. Your kids are so beautiful. I love all of Claire's curly hair.

Lena Gilbert said...

I love all the blogging! I like the aerial views of Josh and Claire, looks like you guys had fun!

Whitney R said...

her salute is adorable. Looks like she's doing the Homer Simpson "DOH!"

And I can't see Wyatt behind Josh - puhlease bring him out for me to see!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for beaded socks! Let me know new sock sizes and color choices as she grows out of them and I'll make more.