Friday, May 15, 2009

Horray for spring!

I'm trying to do better at blog posting.... but I'm really not that great on doing it on a regular basis! These 2 crazy kids keep me busy... as you can see in these pics I took today. The weather is just perfect right now!


Claire riding on the "wiggle racer". No matter what she rides on, she can only go backwards, so she usually ends up stuck on the grass.... then she sits there and says "help me! help me!" haha it's pretty cute. Still, I'm looking forward to her figuring out how to go forwards herself so I don't have to rescue her every 2 minutes! OH ya, and another funny thing..
Claire will NOT take off those rainboots! She loves them so much, and when we put on another pair of shoes she will take them off and go find her boots and put them on herself! She is a funny girl. She also has this funny obsession lately with diaper wipes.... they are comforting to her, like a security blanket or something! But they have to be fresh out of the package.... cold and wet. They can't be lukewarm and wet or dry. It's so funny and strange!
This is a pic from a couple of weeks ago when she scraped up her legs falling. Notice the diaper wipe and 2 fingers.... instant comfort!


Springtime means.. MUD! Josh's 2 favorite things... trains and mud.

A couple of years ago some friends who were moving gave this farm to us, and the kids love it! Claire kept throwing the cow out of the barnyard into the plants though... don't know why that cow was evicted.


... eating lunch outside... Josh still loves pickles! He ate about 4 huge kosher dills today!

Josh playing t-ball... this is the best shot I got of him in action.
He hit it quite far a couple of times.

And last but not least..... HAIR!!! Things are looking up for Claire-bear -no-hair! She has quite a bit in the back now, and it's really blond and curly... wonder where she got that from? :)
But she still has what appears to be male pattern baldness in the front... poor girl. We can only hope it will grow eventually... do they make baby Rogaine?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Katie & Travis Nemrow said...

oh, they are too cute... love the pics of your kids :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics, my kids loved a pair of blue rubber boots we'd gotten Elijah in Germany, and of course Josh loves mud, think of what was in his daddy's back yard growing up! At least with wipies, you can replace them easily, Roxanne's silkies were a bit harder to replace when she wore them out.

Whitney R said...

Oh my heavens - Claire is getting so big! And the hair. I love it. Curly hair is so cute! Male pattern baldness - hahahaha. How fun to be outside with your kids. I'm so glad you have that extra lot to play in - looks like you are putting it to good use!

Did you eat pickles while preg. with Josh? I sure miss you guys. I'm so glad we are coming for a week in just a month and a half! I realized today that you will only have over 2 more months of being pregnant then.... WEIRD. It's going by rather fast. I'm excited to watch Confessions with you, and shop, and eat, and bump bellies and play with your super cute kids that I miss horribly. Maybe Claire is old enough that she will remember me next time she see's me (after this July trip).

This is long. I hope you blog more. We need more of you and your kids!!!!

At least with the whipes, Claire is always clean :)

Victoria Gilbert said...

Ya I ate pickles with Josh, but I didn't crave them like I did with Claire!!! I actually craved the stereotypical pickles and icecream ... just in 2 different bowls, but at the same time. Ya I'll be VERY pregnant when you come :) It is going pretty fast! The summer always flies by too. I'm excited to watch "confessions" too! I'm 1/2 way through the book right now. I'm hoping that Claire will recognize you when you come because I've been showing her your picture on the fridge.